I’ve learned a lot about dirty energy since joining this new company, Powur. For starters, I can now see the disconnect… we look out the window, we see blue skies and clouds, and the term ‘dirty energy’ doesn’t really sync with what we are seeing. Every time I turn on my computer, plug in my phone to charge it, turn on a light or the TV, I tap the grid for energy. Here in Southern California, they shut down the San Onofre nuclear plant years ago. So, then, where does our energy come from? After some research, I discovered that (at least for So Cal Edison), only about 25% of what we buy from Edison is renewable; a combination of hydroelectric, solar, and wind power. The other 75% ? Mostly from fossil fuels such as natural gas, coal, and even some nuclear from PG&E’s Diablo Canyon facility. In fact, Edison buys a lot of electricity from the Pacific Northwest as well as other companies in the Southwest, due to the closing of it’s 2 major power sources. My next learning epiphany was how much WATER it takes to turn these sources into energy. I’ll talk about water in my next post. Meanwhile, what can you do now? You can contact me and I will arrange for a 10 minute qualifying call with Powur’s partner, Solar City. To qualify, you essentially need to be the homeowner with a decent credit score. Solar City is expanding into more and more states every month, and many cities are mandating that in the near future, a certain percentage of energy must be from a renewable source.
Click Here to learn more and to contact me – 10 minutes is all it takes.